Okay, I’m am typing on fumes here and simultaneously drafting up a new resume and creating a portfolio website, but I am going to get this post out when I promised to goddammit! It’s supposed to be everything I’m grateful for this past week, but since I’ve been absent from your browsers for so long, let’s throw it back about a month.
Here’s what I’m thankful for:
- I had my 24th anniversary of being a part of this planet. I also got to have a BBQ with family and I got two cakes, which is the most important thing of all.
2. I went on my second backpacking trek and I lived to tell the tale. I’m also so happy it’s finally camping season! Tomorrow Erik and I will be off camping for three nights (and hopefully we actually remember to pack blankets this time so we don’t spend them in a freezing pile of sadness).
3. I have the energy and ability to walk by this beautiful lake every morning. And how awesome is it that I live down the road from a lake??? I’ve seriously dreamed of that my whole life. Well, a lake or a funnel cake farm. But lakes actually exist.
4. I can run to the top of these stairs now without collapsing in a heap of agony at the top and having an ambulance shovel my body off the sidewalk.
5. The park has a great swing set. I really dig a good swing set.
6. There’s wildlife here! I see so many deer on my daily walks and it makes me feel like I’m back in the north woods where I grew up. But then I don’t see any bears shoulders deep in my garbage cans when I get home, so I realize I’m in the suburbs again.
7. TREES. I HAVE MISSED YOUR GREENNESS.
8. The woods after a fresh rain and seeing the water droplets on all the leaves.
9. THEY FINALLY TURNED ON THE WATER FOUNTAINS!!!!
10. My room is sparse and clean and I LOVE IT. And you can almost tell I share it with a boy because I let him put tennis rackets on the wall. But that’s it.
All right folks, I’m off to bed. Hopefully I’ll be writing again soon. Preferably at a more reasonable hour, this is getting ridiculous. I might oversleep until 8:00am tomorrow! THE HORROR.